News & Notices
IUPAC announces the CHEMRAWN VII Prize for Atmospheric and Green Chemistry
The CHEMRAWN VII Future Actions Committee and the Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry Division have agreed to establish a prize to be called: The CHEMRAWN VII Prize for Atmospheric and Green Chemistry. The Committee and the Division have also agreed on the following conditions and operating procedures for the prize.
1. The prize of USD 5000 is to be funded by the income from the CHEMRAWN VII Fund.
2. The prize will be awarded biennially at the IUPAC Conference on Green Chemistry.
3. The Prize is to be awarded to a young scientist (under age 45) from a developing country (to be defined by the Selection Committee) contributing in the field of green chemistry, emphasizing atmospheric chemistry.
4. The award will be administered by the Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry Division.
5. The Selection Committee will be: the President of the Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry Division as Chair, the Chair of the Subcommittee on Green Chemistry, and the Chair of CHEMRAWN.
6. The CHEMRAWN VII Future Actions Committee will be informed upon selection of the winner, prior to informing the winner.
7. The first award is to be given at the IUPAC Conference on Green Chemistry in 2010. An announcement regarding the Prize will be made at the upcoming Moscow meeting (September 2008).
8. The CHEMRAWN VII Future Actions Committee reserves the right to modify this award in regard to its dollar amount, as well as to its frequency of presentation (e.g., annually).
9. The Committee also reserves the right to terminate the award subject to providing at least a two year advance notice.
< announcement published in