30 No. 1
and information on IUPAC, its fellows, and members organizations
See also www.iupac.org/news
Polymer International–IUPAC Award 2008: Call for Nominations
The executive editors of Polymer International and the IUPAC Polymer Division have established an award for creativity in applied polymer science or polymer technology. This new award, which celebrates the achievements of young researchers in the polymer community, will be presented at the IUPAC World Polymer Congress—MACRO 2008, to be held 29 June–4 July 2008 in Taipei, Taiwan.
The winner will be awarded USD 5 000 plus travel and hotel accommodation expenses to attend MACRO 2008, where he/she will present a plenary-type lecture. All nominations are due by 15 March 2008 to Samantha Swann <firstname.lastname@example.org>. A Scientific Committee, representing Polymer International and the IUPAC Polymer Division, will select the winner on the basis of scientific merit from nominations received before this date.
Nominees must be under age 40 on 31 December 2008, and must be available to present a plenary-type lecture at MACRO 2008. Nominations must include the following information:
- name and address of person making the
- full name and date of birth of nominee
- business address of nominee
- academic background and education (college or university, location, major field, degree, year awarded)
- academic honors
- employment history (position, organization, duties, dates)
- publications, patents, unpublished reports, papers presented at meetings (a list of those deemed pertinent)
- honors and awards
- scientific achievements for which the candidate is nominated for this award
last modified 15 January 2008.
Copyright © 2003-2008. International Union of Pure and
Questions regarding the website, please contact email@example.com