29 No. 2
|Where 2B &Y
||Announcements of conferences, symposia, workshops, meetings, and other upcoming activities.
4-8 July 2010
IUPAC International Congress of Pesticide Chemistry
will take place in July 2010 in Australia at the Melbourne
Exhibition and Convention Centre. Melbourne, the second largest
city in Australia, is home to eight universities and many
research institutes. The host organization is the Royal Australian
Chemical Institute, Inc., which is both the qualifying body
in Australia for professional chemists and a learned society
promoting the science and practice of chemistry in Australia.
The main topics of the conference are given below:
- Discovery of New Chemicals—synthesis; natural products; molecular biology; mechanism-based discovery of crop protection chemicals; biology of pests, diseases, and weeds
- Regulatory and Residue—chemically induced crop traits; induced chemical defense in plants; globalization and harmonization
- Formulation and Delivery—chemical ecology; attracting beneficial insects for pest management; pesticide quality; application technology; public health pesticides
- Crop Protection—problems in emerging economies
- Crop Biofactories—emerging technologies
- Environmental Fate and Safety Assessment—modelling; environmental risk assessment; environmental persistence, degradation, and transport
The next circular for the congress will contain more detailed information on the structure of the scientific program and will appear in 2007. It will be sent to those who request it by e-mail at <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
last modified 16 April 2007.
Copyright © 2003-2007 International Union of Pure and
Questions regarding the website, please contact email@example.com